Hill House

1812
Black and white picture. A large white building with a veranda.
This is a picture of Hill House which used to stand on the corner of Ewell Road and Berrylands Road. It was knocked down in the late 1800s and redeveloped for Council use, and Sessions House now stands there. This picture is taken from 'Surbiton Past' by Richard Statham.

Related Items

Images

Surbiton in 1747
Hand drawn map of Surbiton in 1747. There is lots of detail, of fields, flora and roads. The Thames is drawn on the left side of the map.
Surbiton Hill House Bricks
Six bricks ll with damage, and much wear and tear from the time. The inscriptions have been carved in to the bricks.
1839 Tithe Map
Line drawing of a map. This map does not give a lot of detail. Plots of land are numbered.
Hillcroft College
It is a large Victorian building, with large bay windows, tall chimneys and three floors.
Richard Jefferies
It has the likeness of Jefferies on it carved out of wood, the plaque is framed by a nature scene - trees, rabbits, birds and squirrels.

Documents