Surbiton in 1747

1747
Hand drawn map of Surbiton in 1747. There is lots of detail, of fields, flora and roads. The Thames is drawn on the left side of the map.
1747 Rocque Map. By this time Surbiton was a small roadside settlement. You can see Hampton Court Palace to the left. Also notice how Surbiton is spelt as 'Surbeton'.

Tags

Surbiton Maps

Related Items

Images

Hill House
Black and white picture. A large white building with a veranda.
Surbiton Hill House Bricks
Six bricks ll with damage, and much wear and tear from the time. The inscriptions have been carved in to the bricks.
1839 Tithe Map
Line drawing of a map. This map does not give a lot of detail. Plots of land are numbered.
Hillcroft College
It is a large Victorian building, with large bay windows, tall chimneys and three floors.
Richard Jefferies
It has the likeness of Jefferies on it carved out of wood, the plaque is framed by a nature scene - trees, rabbits, birds and squirrels.

Documents