Baby Clinic Plaque

2013
Metal plaque on a wooden chair.
This plaque was attached to a bench outside of Oakhill Health Centre. It is being moved to a bench on the new Surbiton Health Centre site. The plaque reads 'In affectionate memory of Agatha H Sanger and other Helpers who have given many hours of work for the babies of Surbiton'. Agatha Sanger was one of the women who set up the Surbiton Infant Welfare Centre in 1918. Photograph by Chris Stockbridge.

Related Items

Images

1839 Tithe Map
Line drawing of a map. This map does not give a lot of detail. Plots of land are numbered.
The Absent Minded Beggar
Picture of front cover, showing a soldier with a bandage around his head and a rifle with a bayonet in his hands
Patients, Nurses and The Coopers
Patients are sitting, one is in a wheelchair with an awning. Mrs Cooper is wearing a white dress and Mr Cooper is wearing a stetson. One of the cooper boys is on a rocking horse and wearing a helmet.
Patients, Nurses and the Coopers
The two nurses and Mrs Cooper wear high waisted long skirts. The two Cooper boys are wearing dark sailor type outfits. One soldier is in a chair wearing a red cap.
The Gables Souvenir Medallion (Obverse)
The Gables Souvenir Medallion (Obverse)