In 1812, on the corner of Ewell Road and Berrylands Road, a building called the White House was built. It later changed its name to Hill House. It was considered to be the only house of any considerable size on the hill at the time, and a Kingston watchmaker Mr. Thomas Strange lived there. After Mr. Strange, it was lived in by several other gentlemen, and enlarged along the way.
Hill House was demolished and Surbiton Urban District Council built offices on the site c.1901 - 1902. The council building was used as a Court House in the 1960s and is now called Sessions House. The offices display the lion of St Mark as a badge, which is carved over the front entrance.
Sessions House is a listed building in the Oakhill area.